Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) makes getting to the 2022 Texas State Fair quick and easy. Enjoy your ride in air-conditioned comfort from September 30 through October 23 without having to find parking or struggle with traffic. traffic and be dropped off at one of the two gates.
Save up to $7 on lounge admission with DART GoPass®
DART takes you straight to the door – and straight to the savings. Using the promo code provided in the DART GoPass app, receive $5 off lounge entry Monday through Friday. Saturdays and Sundays, save $7. To take advantage of this special price, simply enter the code when purchasing your fair admission on the State Fair of Texas website.
Green Line Service
Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the Fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of RB Cullum Boulevard and near the entrance to Gate 6 and Cotton Stadium Bowl, are your choices on the DART green line. Green Line trains will be available approximately every 10 minutes between downtown Dallas and Fair Park stations.
Fair days are always busy days on DART trains and buses. DART will make the following changes starting Monday, September 26:
- Extra Green Line trains will loop between downtown Dallas and Fair Park approximately every 10 minutes from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Orange Line service will be extended to Parker Road Station on all routes, weekdays and weekends (except Saturday 8 October).
- Trinity Railway Express (TRE) will operate on all four Sundays of the fair.
- Visit DART.org/statefair to view these special DART Rail schedules.
To make the connection
DART train and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) passengers can easily transfer to the Green Line. Just look for trains that say “Fair Park”, “Buckner” or “Lawnview”. To access the Green Line:
- Southbound Red, Blue and Orange Line passengers – transfer to Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Passengers of the red and blue lines heading north – transfer to the green line at Akard station.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers – transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station. On all State Fair of Texas days, except Saturday, October 8, all Orange Line trains will be extended to Parker Road Station. On October 8, Orange Line trains will only run between DFW Airport and Bachman stations from approximately three hours before the game until three hours after the game.
- TRE passengers can transfer to the Green Line at Victory station. Details are at TrinityRailwayExpress.org/StateFair.
- Customers using the Denton County Transportation Authority should check DCTA.net for departure and arrival times to connect to Trinity Mills station on the DART Green Line.
Stay on the move with contactless payments
DART offers four excellent contactless options that make buying your pass quick, safe and convenient:
- GoPass® app: Download the latest version of the application for free from the App Store or Google Play. Just be sure to activate your DART pass before boarding.
- GoPass® Tap Card: Available at 7-Eleven and hundreds of participating retailers, GoPass Tap is the rechargeable transit card that automatically gives you the best fare every time you ride. Simply present your card to a reader on a rail platform or DART bus before boarding, and your fare is automatically deducted. (Note: GoPass Tap Cards are only valid for local fares. GoPass Tap Cards are not valid for travel on TEXRail, DCTA or Trinity Metro.)
- credit or debit card: Purchase your DART pass with any contactless credit or debit card. Simply present your contactless card to a reader on a rail platform or DART bus before boarding – and you’re on your way to all the fun at the fair!
- mobile device: Using your favorite mobile payment app, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, simply touch your mobile device to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus to purchase your pass.
Purchase a local day pass for $6, valid for the DART train, local buses and TRE from DFW Airport/CentrePort Station. Tarrant and Denton County customers need a regional day pass for $12. Details are available at DART.org/StateFair or by calling DART Customer Information at 214-979-1111.