After a break of a few years, the Sziget Festival will return to Óbuda Island from August 10 to 15, 2022. During the party, the H5 suburban railway line will depart more frequently and even operate at night, and vehicles with greater passenger capacity will be provided on the 901, 918 and 934 night lines and there will even be a transfer line between the airport and the island of Óbuda.
BKK recommends that visitors arriving at the Sziget Festival use public transport, as in the vicinity of the event there will be transport restrictions. Visitors in possession of a Budapest Card – Sziget Edition wristband will be able to use public transport services free of charge between August 3 and 15, bkk.hu reported.
Please note that during the Sziget festival event, the Mozaik utca – Ángel Sanz Briz intersection, the Ángel Sanz Briz road and the lower quay on the Buda side between Mozaik utca and Margit híd will be closed.
Please note that during the Sziget Festival which will be held from August 10 to 15:
- more frequent daytime services as well as nighttime services will be provided on the H5 commuter railway between the Batthyány tér and Aquincum section,
- greater capacity will be offered on night bus lines 901, 918 and 934,
- bus line 226 will not serve Óbuda Island between July 30 and August 21 and will only serve Aquincum.
Read also: Horror prize at the Sziget Festival 2022!
Please note that the fastest mode of transport to reach the Sziget festival venue, Óbuda Island, is the H5 commuter train from which you should get off at the Filatorigát stop.
At BKK Point, located at the Sziget festival site, employees of the BKK Center for Budapest Transport help visitors with information and also select the right tickets and passes.
The H5 commuter train can be reached from various points in Budapest as follows:
- from the city center, in the direction of Déli pályaudvar or Keleti pályaudvar, by the M2 metro line to the Batthyány tér stop;
- From Dél-Buda, by tram line 19 or 41 to the Batthyány tér stop;
- from Liszt Ferenc International Airport, by bus line 100E, on which specific fares apply, to Deák Ferenc tér and transfer to Deák Ferenc tér M stop to metro line M2 and get off in Batthyány tér;
- from Nyugati pályaudvar, by tram lines 4 and 6 to the Margit híd, budai hídfő stop;
- from Göncz Árpád városközpont, by tram line 1 to Szentlélek tér;
- from Népliget regional bus station, by tram line 1 to Szentlélek tér;
- from the Puskás Ferenc Stadion bus station, by the M2 metro line to the Batthyány tér stop; or by tram line 1 to Szentlélek tér.
Besides the H5 suburban railway line, the Sziget Festival can be reached by bus lines 9 and 109 from the Óbuda, Bogdáni út terminus or by bus lines 34, 106, 134 and 226 from the Kaszásdűlő H stop.
Your attention please!
The M3 metro line will be in service during the event, therefore:
- until August 12, passengers can take the M3 replacement bus between the Kőbánya-Kispest section and Göncz Árpád városközpont, while the M3 metro line will be in operation between Göncz Árpád városközpont and Újpest-központ;
- on August 13 and 14, the M3 replacement bus will be in service on the entire line between Kőbánya-Kispest and Újpest-központ;
- on August 15 and 16, the M3 metro line will operate between the Kőbánya-Kispest and Kálvin tér sections, while a replacement bus will run between Kálvin tér and Újpest-központ;
- From August 17, the M3 metro line will operate between the Kőbánya-Kispest and Kálvin tér and Göncz Árpád városközpont sections, while the M3 replacement bus will run between Kálvin tér and Göncz Árpád városközpont.
Please find maps of Budapest’s daytime and nighttime public transport network on the BKK website.
More information: BKK – Sziget.
BKK would like to recommend that even during the Sziget festival, passengers use the BudapestGO app to plan their trips, which, among other things, calculates the most suitable route for passengers to reach their destinations based on real-time information. on public transport lines and passengers even have the possibility to buy their tickets and passes in the app.