LAS VEGAS (KTNV) – Heading to the airport during the holiday season? Keep in mind that over the past few months, the parking lot in Terminal 1 at Harry Reid International Airport was filling up almost every weekend.
The airport says this will continue until Christmas week. Those traveling should plan to arrive early and allow themselves up to an extra hour to accommodate parking. It’s never too early to start planning.
- Locations and parking fees at the airport are available at www.mccarran.com/parking
- If you are leaving direct from work, or have a tight travel window for any other reason, you may want to consider other methods of getting to the airport. These include:
- Organize a walk with friends / family
- Explore options such as Uber / Lyft or taxi.
According to a press release from the airport, the long-term parking lot at Terminal 1 will reach its maximum capacity.
When this happens, drivers will be redirected to the available parking lot where these rates will be in effect.
- Maximum daily rates:
- Long-term parking Terminal 3: $ 18
- Valet parking: $ 30
- Short-term parking: $ 36
- Economy parking: $ 12
Long Term Garage Terminal 3
- If you choose to park at Terminal 3, you can take the inter-terminal shuttle bus to Terminal 1 for baggage check-in.
- If you don’t have to check in a bag, you can use the Terminal 3 checkpoint and get to your boarding gate by taking the trams.
- If you plan to park in the economy parking lot in Terminal 1, allow yourself an extra hour to take the free shuttle to Terminal 1.
- If you park in the economy car park in Terminal 3, you can walk to Terminal 3.
- In order to streamline operations, cars are prohibited from parking along the passenger pick-up edge.
- If a driver chooses not to use cell phone parking, short-term parking is another convenient option to prevent cars from circling on the roads.
- The first 15 minutes of short-term parking are free. It’s $ 3 / hour after that.
Cell phone lot
- The mobile phone field is a free and convenient place to wait for loved ones.
- Mobile phone use helps everyone by reducing the number of vehicles circling the airport roads.